Combining iPhone / iPad apps into one universal app
I have two apps (one for the iPhone, the other for the iPad) that I would like to combine into one universal app. For my first attempt, I tried to create a new Universal App project and added libraries for the iPhone and iPad versions. The iPad version compiled and works fine (as expected), but the iPhone version didn't. I hope that I can create a universal app that will only execute a project in an iPhone library when working on an iPhone and vice versa for an iPad.
It seems like this should work anyway. Is there a way to show a generic app project to ignore one of the external libraries when compiling for iPad and vice versa for iPhone?
Thanks!
a source to share
I'm not sure what Apple is going to do when it is possible to develop iPhone and iPad apps for version 4.0, but right now, if you want to test in a simulator, follow these steps:
- For testing as an iPhone app, install the Simulator to version 3.1.3
- To test as an iPad app, install Simulator version 3.2
This is how XCode / iPhone Simulator currently determines which simulation to run.
a source to share