IPhone: pressing the view controller brings up a slow and shaky keyboard
I have an application for designing a model-view-controller with over 20 views and images.
In one view, I have a textbox that is set to the first responder when the view is displayed, so that the keyboard is immediately visible. When I click this view on the navigation controller, the keyboard display is very slow and jerky. However, when I step out of sight, the keyboard retraction is quick and fluid.
What can cause a slow and choppy animation when clicking a view? I really need the keyboard to be visible when the view is loaded.
a source to share
Your problem is that you have so many different view managers like [[MyViewController alloc] init ...] that your test framework is pre-occupied with managing the memory associated with your application. Basically, in Layman's terms, your iPhone doesn't have enough processing power to do smooth animations and handle all the views you open.
You can do one of two things:
1.) Release the view controller objects when opening a new view controller.
2.) Since you said you have a lot of UIImageViews, instead of allocating an entirely new view controller every time you want to navigate, reload the class data and then click, show, or touch the view controller object. eg. [[self navigationController] presentModelViewController: self];
a source to share