How to work with PHP on Windows XP?

I want to make an example PHP program on Windows XP.

Do I need any special software for this to work?

I am afraid that I just open PHP program type notepad and save it with php extension. Then I open it in the browser as an HTML file. But it doesn't work.

Please, help

Thanks in advance

0


a source to share


9 replies


However, you decided to install the webserver and php (or just php and use it in the console as someone mentioned):

Apache (very, very simple)



Microsoft (not tested itself)

+5


a source


To do this job you need to have a web server with PHP installed on your PC.



I highly recommend installing wampserver on your computer. It is a Windows installer that will add PHP, MySQL and Apache to your computer and allow you to manage all the services so easily. If you have problems getting it working, you can also try XAMPP , although I have never used it myself.

+5


a source


Some answers containing a hint for using wamp. You are better off using Zend Server Community Edition.

It's also free and can be downloaded from here: http://www.zend.com/de/community/zend-server-ce

This contains Apache, Mysql, PHP and some Zend related tools. Advantage: It's much better than yours.

+1


a source


Another easy way to customize (although it requires additional support to support PHP5) easyPHP

0


a source


you can just install PHP and then run the program and redirect the output

php foo.php> output.html

and then use any browser to open that html file.

0


a source


Since you have IIS on your Windows CD, I would suggest you go to Control Panel, Install / Uninstall Programs and click on Windows Components and Install IIS. Then install ASP.NET 3.5 from www.asp.net and finally install Phalanger from http://www.php-compiler.net/

This will give you the advantage of both worlds, you can program in ASP.NET using PHP as the language, you can only use PHP if you prefer, or you can mix using ASP.NET/C# on some pages and PHP on other pages in one application.

0


a source


I use XAMPP , works out of the box with its installer and is more than enough for a simple developer windows environment.

0


a source


The easiest way is to use the www.microsoft.com/web platform installer. get the whole stack to run PHP from one place.

0


a source


I would like to share that before running PHP we have to set up an environment for this, and then we can start working with PHP.

http://code.freefeast.info/php-tutorials/setting-up-the-environment-for-php-php-tutorial/

0


a source







All Articles