ASP.Net UpdatePanel + Gridview + Hyperlinks + jQuery nyroModal plugin - opening a new window but I just want a modal

I have an UpdatePanel with a GridView inside it.

The Gridview has a TemplateColumn containing a hyperlink.

Using jQuery at the top of the page, I set all of these hyperlinks to become nyroModal modal hyperlinks. That is, therefore, when you click on them, the landing page is loaded into a modal dialog. This code:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function(){
        $(".modal").nyroModal();
    });
</script>

      

If I uninstall UpdatePanel then the above nyromodal code works fine. But with UpdatePanel it fills in nyroModal calls and opens links as raw all new windows / tabs in Firefox. UpdatePanel tries to be too smart and initiate postbacks etc.

Should I somehow register a niromodal call for each button at render time or say something to .Net / UpdatePanel to "stay in hell"? I played around a bit with RegisterClientScriptBlock etc. but can't seem happy. There seems to be such a hassle registering a client-side script with .Net server-side code. I find it cumbersome and frustrating :)

Thanks so much for any suggestions or insight.

0


a source to share


2 answers


try this instead:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function(){
        /*
            This binds a callback to the click event of all 
            elements with the 'modal' class, even ones that are
            updated inside an UpdatePanel.
        */
        $(".modal").live('click', function(){
            /*
                When the element is clicked, open the nyroModal dialog
                manually. (If the element is a link, nyroModal will 
                automatically get the content based on the link href attribute.)
            */
            $(this).nyroModalManual();
        });
    });
</script>

      

Edit



I have created a page that works fine. The complete source code is shown below.

Note: There's one important thing that I didn't do in the code above. I forgot to disallow the link to actually change the browser location, so take a look at evt.preventDefault();

in the code below (Sorry for that: P).

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
<script runat="server">
  public void Page_Load()
  {
    BindGridViewUrls();
  }

  public void GridViewUrls_PageIndexChanging(object sender, GridViewPageEventArgs e)
  {
    GridViewUrls.PageIndex = e.NewPageIndex;
    BindGridViewUrls();  
  }

  public void BindGridViewUrls() {
    var Urls = new[]{
      new {UrlText="Google", Url="http://google.com"},
      new {UrlText="Stack Overflow", Url="http://stackoverflow.com"},
      new {UrlText="XKCD", Url="http://xkcd.com"},
      new {UrlText="Google Reader", Url="http://google.com/reader"},
      new {UrlText="reddit", Url="http://reddit.com"},
      new {UrlText="Hacker News", Url="http://news.ycombinator.com"},
      new {UrlText="Ubuntu", Url="http://ubuntu.com"},
      new {UrlText="Twitter", Url="http://twitter.com"},
      new {UrlText="YouTube", Url="http://youtube.com"},
      new {UrlText="Wikipedia", Url="http://en.wikipedia.org"},
      new {UrlText="Coding Horror", Url="http://codinghorror.com"},
      new {UrlText="Mozilla", Url="http://mozilla.org"},
      new {UrlText="jQuery", Url="http://jquery.com"},
      new {UrlText="NyroModal", Url="http://nyromodal.nyrodev.com/"},
    };
    GridViewUrls.DataSource = Urls;
    GridViewUrls.DataBind();
  }
</script>
<!DOCTYPE
  html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
  <title>UpdatePanel Test</title>
  <script 
    src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js">
  </script>
  <script src="jquery.nyroModal-1.4.2.js"></script>
  <script>
    $(function(){
      $('.modal').live('click', function(evt){
        $(this).nyroModalManual({minWidth:750});
        evt.preventDefault();
      });
    });
  </script>
</head>
<body>
  <form runat="server">
  <div>
    <asp:ScriptManager runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">
      <ContentTemplate>
        <asp:GridView runat="server" ID="GridViewUrls" AllowPaging="true"
          PageSize="5" OnPageIndexChanging="GridViewUrls_PageIndexChanging">
          <Columns>
            <asp:HyperLinkField DataTextField="UrlText"
              DataNavigateUrlFields="Url" ControlStyle-CssClass="modal"
            />
          </Columns>
        </asp:GridView>
      </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
  </div>
  </form>
</body>
</html>

      

+4


a source


I suggest you use dialog from jquery UI.

Refer this for help: http://jqueryui.com/demos/dialog



I have implemented something similar to what you want using dialog and it works great.
You only need to add the dialog back to the form:

jQuery(".modal").each(function() {
      var popup = jQuery(this);
      popup.parent().appendTo(jQuery("form:first"));
});

      

0


a source







All Articles