Mobile location tracking on Google maps
I need to develop a function for one of my sites with which a user can track any mobile number on google maps like the link below.
Go to the following link and enter 9810098109 number in the text box to find its location on the map.
http://wwwa.way2sms.com/jsp/LocateMobile.jsp
I want to know if this page uses a third party tool to get latitude and longitude with the service provider and therefore draws a map or some feature provided by Google?
Are there any free services to do this?
a source to share
I do not know which service allows to get the user's location from msisdn. But in some countries you can use the HLR look-up to get the MSC and therefore you can localize the user almost. Please, if you find them, share them.
a source to share
Check the Google Maps API at http://code.google.com/intl/en-Us/apis/maps/documentation/overlays.html#Markers .
a source to share