May I know which thread is running with Eclipse?
I close the application by clicking the Close button. But in Eclipse, I see a red square indicating that something is still working. When I click that red square, I completely kill the application.
Is it possible to find out what is still working (which method, which loop) does Eclipse use?
PS I'm a beginner. So it would be nice to have a simple solution. I also may not understand your answer if you use "technical" words that I do not know.
ADDED:
I cannot use System.exit as it will kill not only my software, but also the "external" software that calls my software.
a source to share
Have a look at jps and jstack they will give you the process id for your application and then you can view threads and their states with jstack.
This is very helpful for this kind of problem.
Sorry for the realization that you want something in eclipse to do it. ok i will leave this answer as it should work but not inside eclipse.
a source to share