Android: an active project trying to improve the GUI development process?

I am not looking for a layout tool, I am looking for a sane tool to create a GUI for the final product in Apple Interface Builder style. Droid Draw is buggy, outdated and imprecise in my experience. Using the Eclipse plug-in to perform complex layouts makes the dentist visit a showcase. I would even settle for the coded CSS pixel coordinates of the current model. The solution is found here: http://andrdev.blogspot.com/2010/01/gui-designer.html the best, or did one of you ninjas find something else? If there is an actively developed project that is not yet ready to be shown, I would like to know that too.

+2


a source to share


1 answer


I don't understand why you need something like this (especially the tool you linked to). This would mean learning a completely new language just to use this tool. Why not examine the XML definitions directly? Yes, it's a relatively steep learning curve, but once you get to speed, you'll see it's great. Also, doing XML by hand will allow you to optimize your layouts a lot (there are several articles on how to do this).

As far as the Eclipse plugin goes, I find it pretty awesome, although I never use it directly. I don't add / remove / edit items with it. I write my XML and then test it with a plugin, so I don't have to recompile the app> upload it to the emulator> run the app> go through all the steps to get to the one I'm editing right now, just to see that I need to add a little more additions.



Also, it is generally best to use the tools you provide. Third party tools are likely to be outdated, discontinued, outdated, ...

In conclusion: do it right. Write your XML by hand. Use the Eclipse plugin as a handy tool.

+2


a source







All Articles