Slowing down the computer to debug an intermittent defect

Is there a way to slow down my development machine to try and replicate a defect that only occurs on a slow machine?

(For which reason Ableton Live has a CPU usage simulation feature, but I've never seen something like this for debuggers.)

0


a source to share


3 answers


This tool provides a decent load on the CPU. I guess what you mean by "slowdown". :)



+1


a source


The currently popular program stability test:

  • Prime95 (this program torture test)
  • 3DMark2001
  • CPU stability test
  • Sisoft sandra
  • Quake and other games
  • Folding @Home
  • Seti @home
  • Genome @ home


This is from the stress testing documentation for Prime95.

0


a source


Old question, but I also suggest using VMWare Workstation. You can allocate more or less resources to virtual machines, and you can record / replay the execution of the machine so you can catch the error in action and then skip it in your spare time.

0


a source







All Articles