Windows Small Business Server 2008 - Local Administrator Password

I am running Windows SBS2008 and now I need to change the local administrator password. Like Windows 2000-2003 server, in server management, I was able to change the administrator password in local user and groups. This feature is not listed right now. Where can I find this feature?

+1


a source to share


1 answer


Interesting ... On my 2008 server I listed it where you say it is (Server Manager-> Configuration-> Local Users and Groups) ... However, there are multiple ways to access this and the best one I would recommend is this via mmc.

Step by step:

  • Win + R
  • type "mmc" press enter
  • File-> Add / Remove Link ...
  • Scroll down to local users and groups in the Available snap-ins: field.
  • Click the Add> button.
  • Select "Local Computer" and click "Finish".
  • Click the OK button.
  • Use as usual.


Let me know if you have any problems.

PS Perhaps this is the question that suits ServerFault better ?

0


a source







All Articles