How to send GPS data from Android to website?

I'm new to Android and web service development! I am currently working on developing an android program that will send longitude and latitude information to asp.net website (to show location change on sitemap) questions - how to send this data to site (best practice)! - any suggestions for a suitable structure, starting from the android application itself, inserting into the database, client / server connection!

I read a lot about web services, especially REST .. but didn't find any tutorials

Appreciate your kind help.

+2


a source to share


1 answer


I would assume that you are using JSON to encode your data, and this will allow you to use any implementation (pretty much) on the server to get it. I prefer Java / Servlets, but you can certainly find a JSON library for ASP.net, etc. Using something "standard" such as JSON allows you more flexibility than doing anything conventional.

Take a look at this question for some example code (for lat / long): Passing GPS LonLat from Android GPS to webpage (javascript)



I also suggest using POST instead of GET when using HTTP, here is some sample Android code: http://www.anddev.org/doing_http_post_with_android-t492.html and http://www.androidsnippets.org/snippets/36/

Finally, if you want security and you are using HTTP, just add an SSL certificate to your server and you have HTTPS.

+4


a source







All Articles