Adding admin subdomain to asp.net

I have a website that I visit at home. I want to add a subdomain to my site, for example: admin.mywebsite.com. Would it be better to create a new project and specify the DNS for that project, or would I be better off creating an admin app in a folder in the current project?

0


a source to share


1 answer


I don't think there is a "best" option, certainly not the one that is best under any circumstance.

Personally, I would include the admin with the main site, as this will help you sync the changes in your data access in your web app with the changes in your admin system. When deploying new versions, you know that you are deploying an admin site and a primary site that work together. When you have two, you have two projects to support, two to deploy, and you can find the exchange code between the two sick.



You might want the sites to be more strictly segregated, although perhaps two sites are best for you. Unless you have a compelling reason to split, then otherwise you will not lose the above benefits.

+1


a source







All Articles