How can I get a SQL Server 2005 backup from a SQL Server 2008 database?

I have a SQL Server 2008 db, I want to restore a backup of it to 2005 version. Is there a way for this to work?

Note. I cannot make a script from my db and run it.

+2


a source to share


2 answers


Unfortunately SQL Server never supported this - and still does not: --(

There is no way you can back up to a newer version and restore it to a previous version, and this goes from SQL Server 4.2 to 2008 R2.



All you can do is either create scripts or run them on the target server, or use tools like SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare to compare two databases and update the target database from the source (basically that these the tools make, create and execute the necessary scripts in the background, so you don't have to mess around and create these scripts yourself)

+1


a source


No. It is not possible to restore a database from a newer version backup.



The only solution I have come across is to generate the script , but it seems that you don't want to use this

+3


a source







All Articles