Adding a new row (with column template) to the Infragistics UltraWebGrid

I am using Infragistics UltraWebGrid to grab some data. I don't have this grid bound to a data source, I just access the values ​​I want when the user clicks the save button.

I need to add autocomplete functionality to one of the columns of this grid, which is easily achieved with the asp.net textblock and the ajaxtoolkit autocomplete extender.

The problem is that I have to do everything in my power to avoid postbacks, and if I add the client side of the rows the template column doesn't work.

Any idea how I can achieve this? And if I need to go back to the server, how can I minimize them?

Thanks.

0


a source to share


1 answer


Okay, this is the first time I ask a question and I don't get an intermediate answer. I'm going to describe what I'm only going to do for those who have the same problem, or just in case someone with a better solution gets this.

I'm just going to wrap the WebGrid in an UpdatePanel and call igtbl_doPostBack () at the right time and let the panel handle this thing for me.



It's still a postback, but it saves me a lot of trouble and it's not too bad since you can't see the memory of the full postback.

0


a source







All Articles