Windows Mobile Internet Explorer History

How to capture history of Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 5.0 in C # running on Compact Framework 1.0? I only need to get the last visited url. Even if you just know where it is stored, I could figure out the rest from there.

0


a source to share


2 answers


Usually it should be stored in '\ windows \ profiles \ guest \ History *'

However, it would be better to restore this location from the registry using:



using Microsoft.Win32;

RegistryKey foldersKey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey(@"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders");
string historyFolder = foldersKey.GetValue("History");

      

+1


a source


If it's stored in the registry (I'm not saying it is, but it's a reasonable place to research), then it's easy to find it with the following steps:

  • Attach remote registry editor to device / emulator
  • Export the entire registry to a file on your PC.
  • Use the browser on your device to generate more history
  • Export the entire registry again to a file on your PC.
  • Use your favorite DIFF program to compare two registry dumps.


If history is stored in the registry, it will update quickly as only changes between files.

+1


a source