Can I create a custom website definition for use in the Publishing Portal site collection?
I originally created a site collection based on the Publishing Portal site definition. Now, after a while, I would like to create my own web area level site definition for specific websites. The problem is my custom site definition does not appear in the options list, only "Publish site with workflow" appears.
I'm sure I traced this back to the site definition file for the Publishing Portal site definition (located in the C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ Web Server Extensions \ 12 \ TEMPLATE \ SiteTemplates \ BLANKINTERNET \ XML \ Onet.xml folder ). It contains the following line:
<Property Key="AvailableWebTemplates" Value="*-BLANKINTERNET#2"/>
Configuration # 2 of the BLANKINTERNET template definition is a publishing site with a working paper.
Are there any solutions that render my custom site definition to the web tier that don't require recreating the site collection with the new site definition?
a source to share
Check if your site template is available for use in subsites by clicking Site Actions → Site Settings → Page Layouts and Site Templates (under the Look and Feel category).
From there, if you select the option "Subsites can only use the following site templates", see if your template is listed and make it available if possible. Then he should appear in the selection.
If that doesn't work, let me know how there is another solution for this I can find.
Greetings
a source to share