Why doesn't the virtual keyboard launch AutocompleteList?

I need to use a virtual (on screen) keyboard in an asp: text textbox that has an AjaxControlToolkit autocomplex connected to it, the virtual keyboard I use is the jQuery keyboard for keyboard: http://keith-wood.name/keypadRef. html , but I have some problems combining these two

  • Typing on the virtual keyboard does not bring up the autocomplete list.
  • When the text box has autopostback = true, if you click on the virtual keyboard the text box loses focus and the form posts.

Does anyone know that responding to which events triggers the autocomplete list? and also i need to know how to prevent a textbox from losing focus when a button is pressed on the virtual keyboard?

+2


a source to share


1 answer


1) JavaScript sets the values ​​and JavaScript does not cause the autocomplete list to appear. [and I doubt it's anyway to call it with JavaScript]

2) Pressing the "keyboard" removes focus from the text field and presto, the blur event is triggered and the form is submitted. [You will need to enter your own autopostback = true] The basic idea is to add a timeout that calls document.forms[0].submit()

and if focus is added back to the textbox before the timeout expiresclearTimeout()



var textbox = document.getElementById("yourElementId");
textbox.blur = function(){ this.timer = window.setTimeout( function(){ document.forms[0].submit(); }, 100 ) };
textbox.focus = function(){ if(this.timer) window.clearTimeout( this.timer ); };

      

+1


a source







All Articles