Database performance test

Any good articles comparing Oracle vs SQL Server and MySql from a performance standpoint?

I would like to know things like:

  • INSERT performance
  • SELECT performance
  • Scalable under heavy load

Based on some real life examples to better understand different RDBMS.

+2


a source to share


2 answers


The question is really too broad to be answered because it all depends on what you want to do as there is no general test "X is better than Y" without qualifying "when doing Z" or otherwise giving it some context ...

Short answer: it really doesn't matter. Any of these will be fast enough for your needs. I can say this with 99% certainty. Even MySQL can scale to billions of rows.



As they say, they change. As one example, I wrote a post about a very narrow functionality: concatenation and aggregation. See Oracle vs MySQL vs SQL Server: Aggregation vs Joins .

+4


a source


Yes, such tests exist, but they cannot be published because Oracle licensing prohibits publishing such things.

At least that is the case, as far as I know. I've seen a few posted that don't name Oracle specifically, but instead say something like "leading RDBMS" when they explicitly talk about Oracle, but I don't know if that gets around.



On the other hand, Oracle now owns MySQL, so it may not be that much, or it may be. Who knows.

+1


a source







All Articles