Custom tool warning: item with the same key has already been added

I have added a service reference for a WCF project; I had over a hundred endpoints in my ServiceHost web.config and all my development was slow, so I decided to trim it now. I also decided to change the namespace while I was at it, so I just removed the service reference. The delete failed due to an out of memory exception, so I finally just went to the filesystem and deleted the files. Then removing the service help worked. When I tried to add it back, I started getting the warning in the title above.

My question is this: where is the old service link "remembered", if that's what happens, and if not, what else might be causing this warning?

For the record, I am using ASP.NET development server and VS 2008.

Thanks!

+2


a source to share


2 answers


I was just fighting it. I'm going to find on the internet that this can happen for a number of reasons. In my case, I accidentally mentioned two different copies of the same DLL in my Silverlight project. See the following helpful article: http://vanderbiest.org/blog/2009/07/13/custom-tool-warning-silverlight-add-web-reference-in-vs2008/



UPDATE: VS2010 / "Update Help" add a link to the DLL in bin / debug folder, duplicating my dll reference in the dll project. I ended up deleting my link and using the local bin library instead. It's strange. I haven't had this problem in other similar projects.

+3


a source


I got the same message. In my case, the cause was a double entry in the file ServiceReferences.ClientConfig

.



+1


a source







All Articles