Identity insert missing from all relevant SSIS data flow transformation objects?

I am the only person on this particular planet who is dissatisfied with the lack of Identity Insert missing from all relevant SSIS objects Data Flow Transformation ?

Only Bulk Insert Task supports Identity Insert , what's elsewhere in SSIS?

Are there technical changes in SQL Server 2008 that make this very limited SSIS Identity Insert support necessary?

Because of this "little" detail, I prefer to use C # data routines that call SQL code wrapped in SET IDENTITY_INSERT [MyTable] ON and SET IDENTITY_INSERT [MyTable] OFF.

+1


a source to share


3 answers


See the link http://www.dosql.com/blog/?p=350 and you will find that you can set the Keep Identity option in the Destination Editor.



+1


a source


Yes, it's a little annoying.



You can put an Execute SQL query before / after the data stream, which sets IDENTITY_INSERT ON / OFF and transfers it all into a transaction.

+3


a source


Use OLEDB objects and targets. This gives you support for ID insertion. I agree that this is a bad deal for ADO.net objects.

+2


a source







All Articles