Pegasus Imaging PrintPro ActiveX control gives error when deleting on Delphi form
I am trying to use Pegasus Imaging PrintPro v4 ActiveX with Delphi 7 in a Win2K window. When I uninstall an ActiveX control on a form, I get an extremely helpful error message
"Access violation at address 00000000. Reading address 00000000."
and the component doesn't appear on the form.
There are several other Pegasus Imaging ActiveX controls and they work fine.
Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting, I'm not very good at ActiveX control (I usually only use the native VCL).
Lachlan
a source to share
Something in the control is misconfigured. You may not be able to "drop" it in the form, but you may have to create it manually. The access violation you are experiencing is trying to get a value from a pointer that is null. Most likely, the control has a required build parameter that is not installed by the Delphi ActiveX wrapper.
a source to share