Different uses of PowerShell with SharePoint?

After the release of SharePoint 2010, there has been renewed interest in using PowerShell to manage SharePoint solutions. I am interested to see how my peers are currently using PowerShell with SharePoint, either 2007 or 2010.

For example, I am using a PowerShell script to determine the number of sites, sub-sites, and pages created in specific web applications. Can you provide details on how you use PowerShell?

+2


a source to share


3 answers


We are developing some special software SP2010. We use Powershell cmdlets to install and update on our test machines, and also perform some initial configuration tasks such as deploying functionality to specific websites and creating service applications and application proxies.



Unfortunately, the cmdlets don't seem to work very well with PSRemoting, which makes automatic build and deployment more difficult.

+1


a source


We tried using powershell ... but it's too stressful, see here: Clear PowerShell Cache? We are now back on stsadm and hopefully MS won't kill it in the next version :-)



+1


a source


I am using PowerShell for installation and debugging. I'm surprised you haven't used Powershell with SharePoint 2010.

I write quite a few scripts to deploy and manage many solutions. For example, every time we expand our PerformancePoint dashboards, it removes the top of the global navigation. I am using a Powershell script to re-install global navigation based on an XML file I created.

+1


a source







All Articles