I can't delete more than 200 contacts on HTC HERO

I am working on a security app that will copy all contacts to another database and delete all contacts from the phone book. I am testing this on Android HTC HERO. I manage to delete contacts from the phone book and create a new contacts database.Up to 200 works, but after 200 contacts it doesn't work properly. After tht app starts throwing error. There is one sync with Google Option in Menu> Settings> Data Sync, I think this creates a problem.

Reported that "Too many contacts deleted" n, if I hit tht, a dialog will pop up with the title "Limit exceeded". Is there anything I can do to stop syncing or any other ideas that I can achieve the required output?

Please help me on this

+2


a source to share


1 answer


Google Sync is a little picky - it hates it when too many things happen. The calendar has the same problem. I doubt if you want to disable sync (user might not appreciate it if you disable basic functionality). What's your goal? Do you want the deleted contacts to be synced with gmail.com or not?

At this point, your only options, as far as I can tell, would be to throttle your application so that it doesn't delete more than 200 entries in a given amount of time. Alternatively, you can use gdata to change pins, but this is really a roundabout way and probably not the right fit for your needs.



Are you deleting and then re-creating contacts? Is there a way to reinstall existing contacts instead of deleting them and then start from scratch?

0


a source







All Articles