How to monitor folder permission event?

This is for folder-level permissions. We have a document library with break overlay. By adding folders, subfolders through code, we re-coded for interrupt inheritance. Now requirement: when a user / group is added to the subfolder permission list, we need to monitor this event. What sharepoint event we are using and at what level. Please, help.

+2


a source to share


3 answers


I have reached a solution for my problem (although it is compromising). I only wanted to achieve this in one document library. I'll explain this process here.

The permissions page is always "user.aspx" and the new permissions page is "aclinv.aspx".

I have implemented a url listener HTTP module for "aclinv.aspx". So when this page is requested, I move it to the custom permissions page. Interestingly, the URL in sharepoint is the key to every operation. It had my folder name in url as id, document library name as id as well.

The custom permissions page is exactly like "aclinv.aspx", except for the fact that the application is listening on this page. When a user is selected with the appropriate permissions on this page, the app keeps track of the user ID, the selected permission, the folder ID, the document library ID, all via the URL, and the flow remains the same.



Here it is, it's done. With all these values, the application can do whatever it wants with a new request.

Thanks everyone for your guidance. It really helped.

PS. If there is a better way to do this, I'd be glad to know.

Sushant

0


a source


You can get this information from the audit log, provided that the audit is included in the listing / site.

MOSS comes with some basic audit reports. Check out this resource on Office Online for more details.



Alternatively, check out the SharePoint Audit Suite . It's cheap and does what you need it to.

I was working on a product, so I'm clearly biased :-)

+1


a source


In principle, this is impossible. You need to make sure that any user / process sets these permissions, does it with the code you write, so you can call from your custom code from there.

See SharePoint Event When ListItems Permissions Change? ...

0


a source







All Articles