Recommendations for configuring SharePoint with ISA

Can anyone please help me best implement SharePoint with ISA? I am interested in setting up a basic SharePoint farm. I have tried many times with mixed results and I am still not sure which is the best way to go.

When it is initially set up, you are prompted to create a web app, but then when you go to create an ssp admin site, it warns you that you are creating it in the same web app as my sites. This is problem? Should I have different content web apps, ssp admin site and my sites?

I guess I really want to know what is the best way to set this up so that it doesn't fall apart later once users start filling it with everything. What do you need to think about?

I also have a question about ISA. I got SharePoint to work for ISA, but I don't think I am doing it right. Can anyone give me guidance on some considerations or best practices for this.

+1


a source to share


1 answer


Yes, you must have separate sites for SSP, MySites and your content. Sharing them is not recommended.

Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to your question. Start here with a management plan document. It will get you going in the right direction and help you ask the right questions. It looks like you are walking a path that will lead to learning the lessons of "Do not Do It This Way" (I was along this path).



http://blogs.msdn.com/joelo/attachment/715068.ashx

+3


a source







All Articles