ActionScript 3, Flash Player 10 - 3D perspective carousel changes, alignment issues

We made a 3D carousel with new 3D support from flash. Now when I resize my carousel should be dragging in the middle. That this is wonderful. But for some reason no perspective comes in, so it looks like the more I resize, the more the carousel tilts towards the left.

The carousel setup is very simple. Everything rotates around the x-axis at a given distance, the x-axis where the objects rotate around is 0. I just move the whole container to the middle of the screen.

to illustrate:

http://www.stijlfigurant.nl/stuff/xaxis1.png http://www.stijlfigurant.nl/stuff/xaxis2.png

Is there a way to solve this problem or should I go back to the good old papervision?

0


a source to share


2 answers


I fixed it by setting root.transform.perspectiveProjection.projectionCenter to the center of the scene!



0


a source


It's hard to know what to suggest if you don't post any code.



There's nothing wrong with Papervision, but it will probably overflow a simple carousel. Lee Brimelow has a nice tutorial for 3D carousel here: http://www.gotoandlearn.com/play?id=92 , which moves quite easily without distortion. (It might be worth noting that the 3D carousel is replayable, but it could be.)

+1


a source







All Articles