Visual Studio crashes when viewing JavaScript file

I run an existing solution, click on a JavaScript file, the file opens in the IDE for a few seconds, and then visual studio disappears. It is consistent and reproducible.

I saw this patch for KB958502 and installed it, but it didn't do anything.

Any suggestions on how I can proceed as it completely stops my development here.

Also, any questions to help make this question easier to answer (log files, etc.) as I couldn't even think of any other descriptions or artifacts to help explain the situation.

+2


a source to share


3 answers


As a workaround, you can edit this particular file in Notepad ++ instead of VS.



-2


a source


I know this was asked over a year ago, but I suspect a plugin / extension is the culprit. If anyone else is having the same problem, try starting visual studio in SafeMode:

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

      



This prevents all third party plugins from being loaded.

This helped me determine why my VS was crashing with JS files.

+4


a source


Another switch I suggest using is:

Devenv /log Path\NameOfLogFile

      

0


a source







All Articles