SWT Reduce flicker for Tab controls

When I switch tabs in SWT, the content on the tabs flickers. This is not happening in my Swing version and I am eavesdropping on me and my clients. What can I do to reduce this flicker?

+1


a source to share


1 answer


My team found that excessive flickering can sometimes be caused by too many calls to redraw () or layout (). Try to find them and delete unnecessary ones.

You can also temporarily disable redrawing if you are doing something graphical and don't care about the refreshable graphics until the end. We do this with some complex graphs and charts that we have in our application; as long as all data is drawn at the end, there is no need to do intermediate redraws when setting information up.



http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Control.html

The control has a setRedraw (boolean) method that can be used for example.

+2


a source