Testing Azure in Dev Fabric

I have created a sample web role application using a cloud service. Before hosting my application in the cloud, I want to test the application in Dev Fabric. I'm sure that when we launch the application from VS, it creates an environment that simulates a cloud.

But if I want to provide my application for QA testing, I still need to provide me with source code and run the application from VS under Dev Fabric, or are there any other ways to run my deployed package under Dev Fabric.

On a line, I ask the question: How do I run my packaged Azure application in Dev Fabric before hosting it in the Cloud?

Anyone have an idea please share me some information?


Thank you for your quick response. CSRun team helped meet my requirements. But I can see that it accepts an IP address, http://127.0.0.1:80/

by default.

Also I am trying to figure this out, is there a way to change this to my own name instead of using it as an IP? for example: http://localhost/

or with the expanded machine name, for example http://applicationserver/webrole1/

- so that we can access this from any machine on the network.

I went through the Dev Fabric interface where we can see the running instances are running, but I couldn't find any options for them.

Please share me information about this.

+2


a source to share


2 answers


When you run the application, another type of package (actually a directory) is created locally with a .csx extension.



As long as you have a .csx directory and your configuration file (.cscfg), you can run the package with the "csrun" command. (No, you don't need Visual Studio.)

+1


a source


You can use this blog post to access azure services running in DevFabric (DF) from other boxes - http://blog.ehuna.org/2009/10/an_easier_way_to_access_the_wi.html



+1


a source







All Articles