Performance Tips for Windows - Named Pipes with C #

I am currently evaluating Named Pipes for IPC on Windows with .NET / C #.
I am currently looking at one manufacturer, one consumer scenario.
Are there good guidelines for evaluating performance?
In my first test case, I was comparing the speed of large messages to small messages and it appears that these large (64K) messages are sent as fast as small (48 bytes) packets. It was with the default parameters. I could add more test cases, but it is quite time consuming and therefore I am looking for guidance.

+1


a source to share


1 answer


We used Named Pipes on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000. Really fast.

When we switched to XP, sometimes it would be fast, the rest of the time it would be slow. With exactly the same code.



We wrote our own shared memory data transport. Seriously fast.

+2


a source







All Articles