First iPhone app app and configuration files

I am developing an iPhone application and I want to know when it is executed when the application is first launched. I want to test some advanced permissions from facebook for the first time.

  • How can I know this?

Another way to solve this problem is to keep the extended permissions granted in some configuration file. I do not want to make this file visible through the application settings icon.

  1. How do I add some config files to store these permissions?
+2


a source to share


2 answers


  • The STD method should check if there is a value in NSUserDefaults, and if this value does not exist (for example, on the first run), then create a value, so on the rest of the beginnings you will not recognize it for the first run.

  • It is also a good candidate for using NSUserDefaults and setting options / values โ€‹โ€‹for every option / resolution you want.

Here's a quick guide to using NSUserDefaults.

Summary from this site to save:

NSUserDefaults *prefs = [NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults];

// saving an NSString
[prefs setObject:@"TextToSave" forKey:@"keyToLookupString"];

// saving an NSInteger
[prefs setInteger:42 forKey:@"integerKey"];

// saving a Double
[prefs setDouble:3.1415 forKey:@"doubleKey"];

// saving a Float
[prefs setFloat:1.2345678 forKey:@"floatKey"];

// This is suggested to synch prefs, but is not needed (I didn't put it in my tut)
[prefs synchronize];

      



Loading:

NSUserDefaults *prefs = [NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults];

// getting an NSString
NSString *myString = [prefs stringForKey:@"keyToLookupString"];

// getting an NSInteger
NSInteger myInt = [prefs integerForKey:@"integerKey"];

// getting an Float
float myFloat = [prefs floatForKey:@"floatKey"];

      

NSUserDefaults is ideal for saving app preferences and purchase history, but if you want to store a lot of data, you must use a different method.

+4


a source


Just write to a local file (xml or whatever). First, check for the existence of the file. If not, this is the first launch - otherwise just read the file.



0


a source







All Articles