Combining struts2 + hibernate + mysql + tomcat + eclipse pools
I am constantly having difficulty detailing the technical implementation of a connection pool. I have read quite a few related articles like this and this one , but still not 100% clear. Is the connection pool tied to tomcat, mysql or other development frameworks (struts2, spring, hibernate)? I mean does each of these frameworks require special handling to work with cp, or do I implement once and am good to go using whatever framework I want?
Is there a simple example that involves joining pools with all of the above structures?
Thanks in advance.
Regards Dim
a source to share
The trend in pooling for a long time has been that most frameworks that need / use this tend to do so right out of the box, or at least are usually included in basic setup guides. Every framework doesn't need to do connection pooling, for example, I don't believe struts2 does any, and spring-core doesn't. I'm pretty sure the spring dataaccess stuff is working and it's probably documented in the basic setup guides if you are running dataacess through spring.
a source to share