Is it possible to define XML schemas with node names given using regular expressions?
I know this is probably a question against XML philosophy, but it is still possible to define schemas for XML like this:
<Root>
<arbitrary-name-of-node>
<Name></Name>
<Position></Position>
<!-- ... -->
</arbitrary-name-of-node>
<arbitrary-name-of-node>
<Name></Name>
<Position></Position>
<!-- ... -->
</arbitrary-name-of-node>
</Root>
where an arbitrary w630-name matches the regular expression [a-zA-Z0-9]?
Thanks for the answer!
+2
a source to share
2 answers
-
http://www.xfront.com/VariableContentContainers.html#method1 - Variable content containers are what I was looking for. My question was more general, but that's enough for my purposes.
+1
a source to share
I do not think that's possible.
The way I see it, you have two options.
1. Create a schema like this and add each "arbitrary w630-name>" under the root type.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xs:element name="Root">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:all>
<xs:element name="arbitrary-name-of-node1" type="itemType" />
<xs:element name="arbitrary-name-of-node2" type="itemType" />
<xs:element name="arbitrary-name-of-node3" type="itemType" />
</xs:all>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:complexType name="itemType">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="Name" />
<xs:element name="Position" />
<!--...-->
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>
2. Create a schema just for the content inside "arbitrary-from-w630>" and check each node.
+1
a source to share