Creating a list of integers in XML for android

I would like to create a list of integers in the / res folder of an android project. However, I want these integers to point to resources in / res / raw. So, for example, I would like something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <resources>
        <integer-array name="built_in_sounds">
            <item>@raw/sound</item>
    </integer-array>
</resources>

      

But the id doesn't look like this, how can I do this, is there a way to do this? Or should I just create a list in the java class?

thanks

+2


a source to share


3 answers


And the correct answer is actually TypedArray

The documentation provides examples of resource lists:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
    <array name="icons">
        <item>@drawable/home</item>
        <item>@drawable/settings</item>
        <item>@drawable/logout</item>
    </array>
    <array name="colors">
        <item>#FFFF0000</item>
        <item>#FF00FF00</item>
        <item>#FF0000FF</item>
    </array>
</resources>

      



And the code to extract the values:

Resources res = getResources();
TypedArray icons = res.obtainTypedArray(R.array.icons);
Drawable drawable = icons.getDrawable(0);

TypedArray colors = res.obtainTypedArray(R.array.icons);
int color = colors.getColor(0,0);

      

+1


a source


Ok, I finally figured out how to do this. What I did was just create the database. The database held all the primitives I needed to store, not pointers to the objects I needed to reference. Apparently the Android SDK has SQLite support.



0


a source


0


a source







All Articles