How to copy a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 solution

I have a CRM 4.0 solution in production and I would like to make a copy of it so I can use it as a test server.

What are the alternatives for this? Cons / Pros?

0


a source to share


2 answers


The Microsoft process ended:

"How to move a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 deployment"



https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/952934

It looks like there was no alternative.

0


a source


You can export all your settings to a file and then import them into your test system. Ideally, you will be working in a different direction (making changes to the test and then moving to production).



To export, go to "Settings-Settings". You will see options for Import Settings and Export Settings. If you click "Export Settings", you can export the selected object settings. There is also a menu option for exporting all settings. CRM will create a ZIP file, which is an XML file that includes entity definitions, forms, views, relationships, and workflows. You simply change the process to import the changes into a different environment.

0


a source







All Articles