Apply tax by sending orgin when you receive the store
When a customer chooses to purchase a store, instead of shipping the items, we need taxes calculated based on the store's address, not the billing or shipping address. How to do it? is it even possible to do it in the admin side or is it necessary to look under the hood?
thanks Margots
a source to share
I wish I had a better answer for you, but my bet is that you will have to dig around and do some code modifications yourself. Magento allows you to choose how to calculate your taxes - you can select Shipping Address, Billing Address, or Shipping Transaction, but I don't think (out of the box) this will allow you to do two of these options in one and the same same time based on delivery method. Go to Admin → System → Configuration → Tax → Calculation to view the available options.
You might want to start shaking the app / code / core /Mage/Tax/Model/Calculation.php. The getRate () and getRateRequest () methods seem like a good place to start.
a source to share
I know this is old, but I am getting into a client situation. They need a pickup at the store, but they also have to collect local taxes on those orders.
The best way I thought would work for this is to set a new radio button on the shipping address page for the store pickup, which then populates that section of the form with the store's address.
Working with a module to do this, but it will probably be a little time consuming.
a source to share
I have the same need for our company. I captured the free shipping method to be our Store Pickup option. But we need to collect local taxes. I did some searches and found this blog post from Jamersan eCommerce Consulting that gives you at least part of the solution.
https://jamersan.com/magento-setting-order-quotes-tax-rate-based-on-shipping/
Basically, you need to change the customer's tax class as soon as possible during the checkout if they have chosen the Store Pickup option. Then, once they are done checking, you switch them back to whatever tax class they were originally from. In our company, we have retail and wholesale clients. So, I would temporarily change the retail customer to the "Store Pickup" purchase tax class and then switch it back to the "Retail Customer" after the checkout is complete (or if they change to a different shipping method). Wholesale customers will not change regardless of the shipping method, as as a reseller, they are not taxed in any way.
I posted a blog comment requesting access to its code via github or something similar. In the meantime, I will try to hack something. But I'm a beginner Magento developer (at best). If I can manage to piece something together, I'll update this answer with a link to the code.
a source to share