Creating custom Android project templates in Eclipse?

Every application I create runs with a number of generic base classes, interfaces, utility classes, and a basic package structure that works for me. Is there a way to set up a project template in Eclipse that will give me all the basic Android PLUS stuff, a bunch of custom packages, classes and interfaces?

I think I could just put it all in one or more libraries, rather than create whole project templates, so if you have a preferred approach or information / links / etc on how to do any of the above please share (I'm relatively inexperienced with Eclipse, so the more detail the better).

Thanks.

+2


a source to share


1 answer


You might want to consider splitting your shared code into a library and managing it with Maven . So you can simply add that any new projects will declare the library as a dependency and it will be pulled in and compiled with your project.



Maven has a slight learning curve, but it can be a good solution if you plan on reusing a lot of code. Add the Maven plugin to Eclipse and it will play well with it. If you decide to go this route, use the link.

+1


a source







All Articles