DbLinq and Mono 2.4: Working Together?

I hope this is a stupid question and there is a really simple solution out there somewhere, but ...

Has anyone successfully gotten DbLinq to play well with Mono 2.4 on Mac OS X 10.5?

I have a SQLite database, but for life I can't find sqlmetal to create my objects.

My guess is that I might have to download a previous version of Mono that included sqlmetal, build and install, and then just use the code generated from that version on Mono 2.4 ... but I hope to avoid that at all costs.

+1


a source to share


3 answers


Using a precompiled binary just doesn't work in this case.

To get a properly generated DbLinq data layer, you must use the sqlmetal tool included with Mono (but apparently not with precompiled binaries for OS X). You have to pull the Mono chest (along with all dependencies) and build Mono from source.



Once you build and install Mono from source, you should have the sqlmetal tool. Once you create the code, it just as easily includes the generated * .cs file and the Mono.Data.Sqlite import.

+2


a source


I would not use DBLinq for production code ... many Linq-To-SQL features are not implemented, and walking through the source code shows a low level of maturity ... many of the methods are not implemented or are marked as "unterminated".



... you've been warned!

+3


a source


Mono 2.6 will enable DbLinq preview with Mono for the first time. You can pull it out to spin today if you install DbLinq on your own side by side with your current Mono setup.

+1


a source







All Articles