Linq - Order not ordering

I have a linq request that for some reason does not return as I expected. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why and what I am doing wrong?

The code looks like this:

List<TBLDESIGNER> designer = null;

using (SOAE strikeOffContext = new SOAE())
{
   //Invoke the query
   designer = AdminDelegates.selectDesignerDesigns.Invoke(strikeOffContext).ByActive(active).ByAdmin(admin).ToList();
}

      

Delegate:

public static Func<SOAE, IQueryable<TBLDESIGNER>> selectDesignerDesigns =
        CompiledQuery.Compile<SOAE, IQueryable<TBLDESIGNER>>(
        (designer) => from c in designer.TBLDESIGNER.Include("TBLDESIGN")
                      orderby c.FIRST_NAME ascending
                      select c);

      

ByActive filter:

public static IQueryable<TBLDESIGNER> ByActive(this IQueryable<TBLDESIGNER> qry, bool active)
    {
        //Return the filtered IQueryable object
        return from c in qry
               where c.ACTIVE == active
               select c;

    }

      

Filter ByAdmin:

public static IQueryable<TBLDESIGNER> ByAdmin(this IQueryable<TBLDESIGNER> qry, bool admin)
{
    //Return the filtered IQueryable object
    return from c in qry
           where c.SITE_ADMIN == admin
           select c;

}

      

I wonder what filtering has to do with this?

Thanks in advance Billy

+2


a source to share


1 answer


I wonder what filtering has to do with this?



Yes, a is .Where(

documented to drop the previous ones .OrderBy(

in LINQ to Entities.

+3


a source







All Articles