Active Directory Synchronization with Conversion?

I'm not very familiar with Active Directory, so maybe I'm wrong here ...

I would like to have my active master instance replicated to another instance permanently with various attributes changing. For example, I might want passwords to be changed for all users, with something random installed in the copy.

There will be only one way of data movement - always from master to replica. The replica must be identical to the master except for the changed attributes.

What's a good way to do this?

I would like to do this with multiple master ADs, and the AD replica needs to contain a superset of users across all of the primary ADs.

An alternative could be to stack something on top of my main ADs that change password / attribute changes on the fly. Is this possible / desirable?

+1


a source to share


1 answer


Can you provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish? This might provide some insight into how best to solve the problem. Are you talking about replicating information between domains in the same forest? Or are you talking about replication across forests?



You can take a look at some of the MIIS documentation and see if this will work for what you mean.

+1


a source







All Articles