How do I work with the XAML editor in Visual Studio 2010?

I was working with Visual Studio 2008 and editing the XAML was very painful because the designer reloaded very slowly. I have now installed Visual Studio 2010 and it seems to me that the XAML + Designer editor hasn't changed much.

For example, to force the designer to change the color in my control, I need to close the xaml file and reopen it.

Is this just my problem?

I tried this solution: Visual Studio 2008 Xaml Editor didn't work / disappear but it didn't help.

Are there any better Visual Studio tools for editing XAML?

Thanks!

EDIT: Compiling constructor redraw forces, but my solution is pretty big right now and it takes a long time.

+2


a source to share


3 answers


I am running 2010 on an old laptop with two cores (~ 1.2ghz) with 4GB of memory and xaml editor fine.



If you have a MASSIVE xaml document, you might consider breaking it down into custom controls to simplify the document. Also think about the machine you are working on. If it doesn't have at least 3GB of memory, you will be fighting the disk. Memory is cheap, make sure you have as much as possible.

+1


a source


I didn't have the same problem, instead I saw that Visual Studio 2010 is faster than the previous one to load XAML into the designer. By the way, I suggest you show only the XAML, either by resetting the designer window or by pressing ESC while loading: the first time is slow, but otherwise faster.
Hope this helps.



+1


a source


If you can, grab Expression . For Visual Studio 2008, it was a much better visual XAML editor.

I know that a lot of what it does was included in Visual Studio 2010, so there may not be much difference between the two now.

+1


a source







All Articles