FBML in Rails Views with Facebooker

I have successfully connected the Facebook Connect app and everything works fine. I can subscribe new users with Facebook, or I can link existing users with Facebook. No problems.

However, now I am trying to add an invite page where the user can see which friends have the application and then show them the FMBL Multi Select form on Facebook to invite friends to it.

Here is the documentation for this FBML tag.

http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Connect/Integrating_an_Invite_Form_into_Your_Website#Creating_a_Full_Multi-friend_Selector_Request_or_Invite

However, I cannot get this to work inside my Rails view.

Do I need to customize something special to use FBML in Rails views?

THIS IS NOT A CANOVO app, meaning I want people to come to my site and not visit the page via facebook, but I feel like something is missing.

+2


a source to share


2 answers


If you create a site for facebook connection, it uses XFBML. XFBML for Facebook connections and iframe apps and FBML for facebook canvas apps. And, facebook multi-friend-selector is FBML tag.

But you can call FBML inside XFBML, so you should check this page.



http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Fb:serverFbml

this can help.

+2


a source


Your doctype must include the FBML namespace and you must download the featureload.js.php script, see http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Connect/Setting_Up_Your_Site#Rendering_XFBML_and_Other_Facebook_Connect_Features



+1


a source







All Articles