Django in Eclipse

The book I read about Django requires heavy use of the command line in terms of installing Python and importing Django. It details command line commands, both from the command line and from the python shell, to create a new project, start a web server, synchronize models with a database, etc. I also have Eclipse which I am using for Ruby on Rails. And it contains the PyDev plugin. Is there a way to use the GUI through Eclipse so that I can't keep a DOS window open all the time?

+1


a source to share


3 answers


You can use Komodo Edit ... In this IDE, you can customize many commands ...

I posted Tuto on my blog, but it's in Portuguese ... If you want I can send you a .doc file. Then you can use google translator!



http://chevitarese.wordpress.com.br

Fred Cevitarese - GNU / Linux

+1


a source


Some of the administrative tasks, such as creating projects or synchronizing a database, are best done from the command line. Personally, I like to define a bunch of shell aliases - for example: http://ramin.firoozye.com/2008/03/03/django-bash-shell-shortcuts/ so I don't have to remember to type the whole thing.

But you can use PyDev and Eclipse to start the server, which makes it easier to set breakpoints and execute code. Once set up, you can simply click the "debugger" button and it starts the Django server and waits for you to hit it.

Here are instructions for setting up Pydev to use Django:



http://pydev.blogspot.com/2006/09/configuring-pydev-to-work-with-django.html

EDIT: I missed what you said about DOS. You can get the same effect as shell aliases using batch files and environment variables. Or use Cygwin and get a bash shell.

+1


a source


Can you set up a separate script in eclipse to use subprocess.popen to run the commands you need to wait for input to kill the child process?

0


a source







All Articles