Running Mantis on MS SQL Server

As part of the standardization of technology in the organization where I work, we are moving from MySQL and Linux to MS SQL Server and Windows. One of the PHP-based applications we use is Mantis, a bug tracking system available at http://www.mantisbt.org

Has anyone had any luck that Mantis works completely with MS SQL Server? I have Mantis 1.1.8 working for the most part, but file attachments don't work and Mantis 1.2.1 won't install on MS SQL Server.

+2


a source to share


5 answers


Here is a step by step guide, maybe it helps: http://gonfva.blogspot.com/2010/03/mantis-on-sql-server.html



+3


a source


The theology page states:

It is written in PHP scripting language and works with MySQL, MS SQL and PostgreSQL databases and web server.



This way it is possible and you can use the official channels of support for mantism.

0


a source


I can also confirm that Mantis 1.2.x does not install on MS SQL Server. We tried it at work, but I had to move onto the LAMP stack to get 1.2.x running. Seems to work with 1.1.x versions.

Also see this thread: http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18827

0


a source


As part of the MantisBT development team, I can tell you that although there is code support for MS SQL Server, there are many problems with it. The root cause of the issue is that none of the developers - or contributors - run the SQL Server installation, and we are not aware of any free customizations we can use for SQL Server.

Long story short: it probably doesn't work out of the box, but you can make it work by fixing it. If you do, please push these changes back as there are many users who reported problems with SQL Server.

0


a source


I confirm that Mantis 1.2.6 IS is successfully installed and can be used on IIS 7.5 + PHP 5.3.6 Tips: http://thegrayzone.co.uk/blog/2011/03/setting-up-mantisbt-on-iis- 7-w-sql-server /

0


a source







All Articles