Frequent Netbeans hang

I am using Netbeans 6.8 for PHP projects located on network drives on a Windows network. Often the IDE becomes very slow (like a temporary freeze) to the point where it is completely unusable. It looks like a complete crash at first, but after a while (maybe a few minutes) the IDE works again as before.

This happens with Netbeans 6.7 as well as 6.8 on my 32-bit Windows XP installation. I am using Java 1.6.0_13.

This is a fresh install of Netbeans, so it cannot be associated with too many temporary files. I guess this is due to the frequent code reviews that Netbeans does. It may not be very fast when you do it over a network connection. But it can't be that this feature makes the IDE useless ...

This thread addresses the same question http://forums.netbeans.org/viewtopic.php?t=5548 . Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

+2


a source to share


3 answers


A co-worker just showed me in Tools -> Plugins

, there are a lot of plugins that I don't use for PHP development. Disable the ones you are not using and this will speed up the process.



+5


a source


See my answer on Why does NetBeans blocking when I try to enter



I haven't seen this behavior in Java 6.8, but I haven't done much PHP, so it might still be there.

0


a source


My NetBeans was periodically using 100% CPU for a few minutes (I can't remember or 6.8, but exactly in 6.9.1). The problem disappeared when assigning a filter in the Tasks panel (Ctrl-6) at the bottom (default) of the window. That is, in "Filter the list of tasks" the display "Tasks" is disabled and a filter is assigned to a fixed number for TODO (the "Restrict visible items for each type:" field).

0


a source







All Articles