Is VS 2010 SharePoint functionality sufficient to replace WSP Builder?

I have been using the WSP constructor ever since VS 2008. I recently updated my IDE to VS 2010 and heard that VS 2010 now includes functionality to work with MOSS directly.

If you guys have had any experience with this new MOSS functionality and come from a background of a WSP builder, I'd love to hear what you think.

To add more focus to my question, I'm not interested in the ease of deployment at this stage, just the ability to wrap a WSP package so I can send it to production machines. So VS 2010 out of the box can create WSP packages from class library projects like WSP Builder?

+2


a source to share


2 answers


Yes, it is possible, but only for SharePoint 2010.
If you want to build a solution for 2007, you still need WSPBuilder.



+1


a source


I personally used WSPBuilder to update a solution that was done with WSP Builder and MOSS 2007 to 2010. It worked great.

However, my position is to use VS 2010 and related development tools for NEW SP 2010. WSPBuilder remains king for all MOSS developers.



I'd love to see Karsten and the CKSDev guys work together on this, but I don't know if this will ever happen ...: --(

0


a source







All Articles