How can I open an html file with the default file handler and give the window a name (i.e. Target)?

I am writing a warm-up script for a SharePoint server. The idea is to call stsadm and then open an html file containing iframes that touches all key web pages in my portal.

So far so good. The problem is that every time the script is run, a new browser window opens and I get a screen full of browsers.

The first idea was to close the browser after 10 minutes or so. This would be easy to do, except that Javascript is disabled when the html file is opened from the file system. Then I thought I could open the file and set it to a named window (target) to be reused every time I run the script, but I couldn't find a way to do this.

Does anyone have any ideas? Either force the JS to run, or set the window name or some other solution?

Thanks.

+2


a source to share


2 answers


My solution is to create a simple website outside of SharePoint and host the html file there. I can call it and JS is allowed.

I would still be interested to hear about any other solutions though ...

Here is my code:

warmup.cmd:



date /t >> warmuplog.txt
time /t >> warmuplog.txt
echo Start warmup >> warmuplog.txt
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe"
start http://srv:22222/warmup/WarmUpPages.html
date /t >> warmuplog.txt
time /t >> warmuplog.txt
echo End warmup >> warmuplog.txt

      

warmuppages.html

<html>
<body>
<b>Portal root</b>
<iframe src="http://srv" width="100%" height="100px"></iframe>
<b>Central admin</b>
<iframe src="http://srv:12345/default.aspx" width="100%" height="100px"></iframe>
<b>Favorites</b>
<iframe src="http://srv/de/Seiten/Favoriten.aspx" width="100%"     height="100px"></iframe>
<b>User docs</b>
<iframe src="http://srv/de/Seiten/Benutzeranweisungen.aspx" width="100%"     height="100px"></iframe>
<script type="text/javascript">
    window.setTimeout("bye()", 120000);

function bye() {
  window.open('','_self','');
  window.close();
}
</script>
</body></html>

      

0


a source


Do you find it a use wget

to access these web pages?

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/



Using wget can be as simple as replacing the "start" command:

wget http://srv
wget http://srv:12345/default.aspx
wget http://srv/de/Seiten/Favoriten.aspx
wget http://srv/de/Seiten/Benutzeranweisungen.aspx

      

+1


a source







All Articles