Debugging with vs 2008?

currently installs vs 2008 and does "PURE" javascript debugging with eclipse ... so I wanted to give vs 2008 a try and debug "PURE" javascript ... I have a vs2008 sp1 and I disabled "disable ie sscripting client" in IE8 ...

Now I am setting my breakpoint (in the .js file) and Attach. and check Internet explorer ... but the problem is that it says it will never get hurt ...

Anyway, I tested it. I load my html into the browser WHICH I KNOW calls my js file .. but nothing happens, am I missing something?

0


a source to share


4 answers


Make sure you change Attach To to the default Script, which is managed code. This challenged me several times.



+2


a source


Write

debugger;

      



in the script where you want to start debugging. and run the application. When the script reaches this, it will stop and ask you if you want to debug. Then select VS.NET 2008 from the list.

0


a source


Browse the script explorer in Visual Studio 2008. When you F5, your VS app will list all the scripts inside your page inside the script explorer. Once started, you can set breakpoints on the js code.

0


a source


In ie8, you now have a powerful javascript debugger i.e. built-in dev toolbar.

0


a source







All Articles