)? I've been trying to figure this out for a while....">

Does the server side include the application engine (<! - include virtual = "header.html" ->)?

I've been trying to figure this out for a while. I would like my apps website site to use basic html and shtml whenever to avoid the slow warm-up phase of jsp apps in the app. This is so that my landing pages load instantly.

Basically, I am trying to include the html file in my main html file (index.html - I tried index.shtml). This is the command I am trying to execute:

<!-- include virtual="header.html" -->

      

However, this will not work. The backend includes doesn't seem to run in the app. Do I need to enable these commands first - or does the application engine simply not allow them?

+2


a source to share


1 answer


SSI is a web server specific feature that GAE doesn't seem to support .



(This per Nick Johnson , who are quite active on this site.)

+6


a source







All Articles