PrinterSettings.InstalledPrinters in Vista

I have a WCF service hosted in a Windows Service application and it needs to return all installed printers on the machine that hosts it. I used System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.InstalledPrinters to get the list of installed printers, but I don't know why on Windows Vista it doesn't return all printers.

The Windows Host service starts using an account that is a member of the Administrators group, has the Log on as a service privilege, and added the application. manifest with the "requireAdministrator" runlevel.

UPDATE: If I use InstalledPrinters property in Windows application on Vista, it returns all printers!

0


a source to share


2 answers


Do you have any printers installed for a user running an application that another member has not installed?

This could be one way to check, since any printers that are only configured for the user you are running the application with, since it cannot be configured for the user, you are using the service as.



(this is of course a moot point if you are running as one user)

0


a source


You must install your printers locally to use them from Windows Service. When you start the Add Printer Wizard, you can choose whether to add a local or remote printer.



0


a source







All Articles