How do I audit my sharepoint search?

I want to validate my sharepoint search results using the Sharepoint Object Model ... how do I do this? using the sharepoint object model, how can I get a verified report for these searches. Thanks in advance.

0


a source to share


2 answers


What specific information do you need? SharePoint already comes with Search Usage Reports .



You can track things like: - Requests per day for the previous 30 days. - Requests per month for the previous 12 months. - Top queries from the previous 30 days. - Requests for the search area for the previous 30 days.

+1


a source


I think you have a slight misunderstanding about what search websites do when they provide search results.

All "selections" of documents are performed while the crawler is working on the site. This can be verified by importing stslogs into the database and restricting them to the username used by the search crawler.



The search results web page doing the actual search crawls only the index generated by the search crawler. Auditing the results returned by a search can be done with a custom search results web page that stores the URL provided by searches as they complete, but I'm not sure if that would bring much value.

0


a source







All Articles